Terms of Reference
- To drive the healthy development of the Malaysian securities industry for the benefit of all stakeholders including the investors, the issuers, the regulators, the government, the financial intermediaries and other market participants.
- To promote best practices, conduct and standard among Members to ensure an orderly functioning securities market in Malaysia.
- To provide a forum for regular dialogues, interaction, consultation and exchange of information and ideas among Members and between members and non-members regarding market developments and issues of importance relating to the Malaysian stockbroking industry.
- To address pertinent issues and make recommendations to the Council of MIBA from the stockbroking perspective, matters concerning the capital markets.
- To liaise with the government and regulators on stockbroking matters in respect of industrial consultation, establishment, clarification, variation and/or abolishment of law, guidelines, rules and regulations, proposals in relation to market developments and other issues of importance.
- To engage in dialogues and maintain consultation with other industry associations such as the Association of Stockbroking Companies Malaysia, on stockbroking matters/issues of mutual interests and concern.
- To keep abreast with the latest market developments, issues and concerns in the stockbroking industry with the objective of addressing any issues and concerns in the stockbroking industry with the objective of addressing any issues and concerns affecting or having an impact on the industry in a timely manner.
- To submit minutes/reports on stockbroking issues to the Council.
- To deal with other matters as delegated by the Council from time to time.
Members of the Stockbroking Committee for the Year 2020/2021
Maybank Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Lok Eng Hong (Chairman)
Affin Hwang Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Wong Yoke Weng
Alliance Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Chua Seng Boon
AmInvestment Bank Bhd
Mr Gan Kim Khoon
Hong Leong Investment Bank Bhd
Encik Muhammad Awi Goo
Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Lee Kok Khee
MIDF Amanah Investment Bank Bhd
Encik Zulazman Zulkifli
Public Investment Bank
Ms Alyn Lim Geok Lian
RHB Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Cheong See Keong
Mercury Securities Sdn Bhd
Mr Chew Sing Guan