Terms of Reference
- To propose an appropriate framework/structure of rules, regulations and administrative guidelines governing corporate finance activities that will:
- promote the development of an efficient and market friendly environment for the domestic corporate finance industry that caters to the needs of the market;
- facilitate steady and sustainable growth of companies in Malaysia;
- adopt innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship to keep up with the global trends; and
- deepen Malaysia’s integration with the global financial system and make Malaysia as one of the leading and attractive financial hubs for global corporate fund-raising activities.
- To recommend ways to enhance the efficiency of the fund-raising process and standards of corporate disclosure with greater transparency, certainty and reliability.
- To promote new or enhanced industry capabilities to better meet the financing needs of companies, e.g. REITs, ADR./GDRs, Islamic debt financing, structured products and framework of rules and regulations to promote these activities.
- To review relevant parts of the SC Guidelines, Code on Take-Overs and Mergers, Bursa Listing Requirement and the Companies Act. The rules and practices must be consistent with those in the major markets so as to facilitate cross-border transactions.
- To recommend ways to develop regional corporate financing activities which will benefit Malaysia’s securities market (e.g. listing of Chinese companies in Malaysia).
- To act as a conduit for the industry practitioners and companies to express their comments and feedbacks on major corporate finance issues to the local authorities (e.g. certain companies are shying away from Malaysia and exploring to list on other bourses).
- To organise and host seminars, lectures and regional conference by international speakers.
Members of the Corporate Finance Committee for the Year 2020/2021
CIMB Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Tan Wei Han (Chairman)
Affin Hwang Investment Bank Bhd
Encik Johan Hashim
Alliance Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Tee Kok Wah
AmInvestment Bank Bhd
Mr Ho Weng Yew
Hong Leong Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Phang Siew Loong
Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Leong Siew Yean
Maybank Investment Bank Bhd
Puan Hidayah Hassan
Public Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Tan Heng Chee
RHB Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Tommy Har Weng Pun
M&A Securities Sdn Bhd
Mr Gary Ting