Webinar : Updates on Foreign Exchange (FE) Policies: FE Notices & Its Application
- Start10:00 AM - Mar 11 2021
- 03-2711 3991
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) had on 30 April 2020 issued the new Foreign Exchange Notices (FE Notices), superseding, among others, the Notices on Foreign Exchange Administration Rules issued in June 2013. BNM is committed in ensuring the FE policies continues to support competitiveness of the economy through facilitation of a more conductive environment for cross border real economic activities.
The new FE Notices is aimed to improve business efficiency and provide flexibility for corporates to better manage their foreign exchange risk exposure. As such, financial institutions must ensure compliance with BNM’s requirements under the FE Notices.
This webinar will provide a brief overview of the FE Notices issued by BNM and practical applications on the material changes to FE policies. Case studies and examples on FE Notices 1 through 5 including Dealings in Currency, Borrowing, Lending and Guarantee, Investment in Foreign Currency Asset, Payment and Receipt and Securities and Financial Instruments will also be examined. In addition, the webinar will assess the implications of such changes to investment banks and stockbroking companies based on BNM’s expectations as well as how to operationalize the FE Notices to ensure compliance with the requirements.
- Review the updates of BNM’s FE policies and apply the new FE Notices.
- Examine the material changes of the FE Notices with case studies and examples for FE Notice 1 through 5.
- Assess the implications of the FE policy changes to investment banks and stockbroking companies based on BNM’s expectations.
- Analyze how to operationalize the FE Notices and ensure compliance with BNM’s requirements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Compliance and Credit Officers
- Legal Advisers
- Treasury, Business and Operation Officers
- Investment Bankers
- Individuals interested to understand BNM’s recently issued FE Notices
Suzie Lim Yoke Fong
Consultant & Trainer
Impact Consultancy & Training Pte Ltd
For more details, please download the Brochure
REGISTER NOW at elearning.miba.com.my