Webinar : Fraud Detection in eKYC and Digital Onboarding
- Start02:00 PM - Aug 04 2021
- 03-2711 3992
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Electronic Know Your Customer (eKYC) enables the digital onboarding of customers to occur anytime and anywhere. Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) had on 30 June 2020 issued a policy document on eKYC, which aims to accelerate and streamline practices of industry players in their adoption of eKYC technology, the online process of identifying and verifying individual customers. It also sets out eKYC best practices and parameters to ensure security and integrity of the onboarding process for customers. Given that digital onboarding will expose financial institutions (FIs) to new fraud risks, it is crucial for FIs to undertake necessary fraud detection mechanisms to minimize such risks.
- Review the key digital ID & eKYC regulatory models and approaches adopted internationally, and assess the pros and cons associated with each.
- Analyze BNM’s e-KYC Policy Document, Bursa Malaysia and Identity Digital Nasional (MyKAD) KYC/Customer Due Diligence requirements for online account opening and activities in the context of investment banking and capital markets and explore the practical issues and challenges from an industry perspective.
- Review eKYC, digital ID and fraud prevention processes and key components and apply key international standards and best practices in onboarding activities.
- Assess the types of digital ID and eKYC fraud and financial crime risks that occur during the eKYC process and establish mitigating measures to manage such risks.
- Develop an effective eKYC and fraud prevention risk management compliance programme.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Compliance officers
- Risk Management Practitioners
- Legal Advisers
- Operations & Information Technology Officers and other personnel involved in the eKYC project
- Individuals interested in understanding fraud detection
in eKYC & digital onboarding
Mr Thomas Wan
International Compliance Training Academy (ICTA)
Global Lead – Cybercrime and Data Security
REGISTER NOW at elearning.miba.com.my