Webinar : Case Studies on Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing in the Capital Market
- Start10:00 AM - May 05 2021
- 03-2711 3991
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Money laundering (ML) and terrorism financing (TF) in the capital market continues to remain challenging due to the complex methods and sophisticated techniques used by criminals. Given the multilayered nature of transactions and diverse products and services combined with various parties and jurisdictions involved, it makes mitigation against ML and TF difficult.
The capital markets may be used to layer and integrate proceeds from ML/TF activities and commingling them with legitimate assets. It also provides opportunities to generate further illicit funds from such activities. It is imperative for institutions in the capital market to enhance monitoring capabilities focusing on customer due diligence to identify potential red flags when assessing such transactions.
This programme will provide a brief overview of the anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) developments in Malaysia and the region including new AML regulations, initiatives and technology. The webinar will also examine detailed case studies on how capital market transactions may be used for ML/TF activities as well as methods utilized by criminals to carry out illegal schemes through the capital market. In addition, common behaviors and red flags of criminals during onboarding and throughout the business relationship will be evaluated.
- Review the latest AML/CFT developments, regulations, initiatives and technological advancements in Malaysia and the region.
- Examine how capital market transactions may be used for ML/TF activities.
- Analyze a compliance officer’s role in identifying suspicious customer/transactions at different junctures.
- Develop techniques to prevent, identify and report suspicious customer/transactions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Compliance, Governance, Operations, Credit Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Legal Advisers
- Risk Management Practitioners
- Investment Bankers
- Individuals interested to understand ML/TF in the capital market
Ms Radish Singh
SEA Financial Crime Compliance Leader
Deloitte & Touche Financial Advisory Services Pte Ltd
For more details, please download the Brochure
REGISTER NOW at elearning.miba.com.my