Terms of Reference
- To facilitate and promote the development of a compliance culture which is conducive to minimising regulatory risk of Member institutions and the resultant sanctions and reputational damage.
- To provide regular forum/dialogues for interaction, consultation for Members as well as exchange of information regarding current developments, emerging compliance issues or matters of importance relating to potential business regulatory risk that could be streamlined accordingly.
- To liaise with the regulatory bodies on compliance matters in respect of information sharing, clarification of rules and regulations as well as requests of advice.
- To keep abreast with the latest compliance issues and to keep the Compliance Officers abreast of compliance concerns, including areas of weakness and proposed, new or changing laws, regulations and rules.
- To provide guidance to Members on the interpretation of provisions as contained in the Anti-Money Laundering Act 2001 and other relevant rules and regulations in respect of practice issues/management.
- To submit minutes/reports on compliance issues to the Association’s Council.
- To deal with other matters as delegated by the Council from time to time.
Members of the Compliance Officers Committee for the Year 2018/2019
Hong Leong Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Albert Tai Lee Chuan (Chairman)
Affin Hwang Investment Bank Bhd
Ms Chen Mun Peng
Alliance Investment Bank Bhd
Ms Tan Gua Hui
AmInvestment Bank Bhd
Mr J Visvanathan A/L Jaganatha
CIMB Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Kwan Keen Yew
Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Vaithiyanathan Madavan
Maybank Investment Bank Bhd
Encik Ismail Awang
M & A Securities Sdn Bhd
Puan Raja Nor Mazida
Public Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Devarajoo A/L Sinniah
RHB Investment Bank Bhd
Mr Soom Phon Endin Win