Workshop on Compliance & Anti-money Laundering Monitoring
Event Start Date
3th May, 2017
Sasana Kijang, Kuala Lumpur
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The Workshop on Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering Monitoring is designed to give stockbroking and investment banking professionals a deeper understanding of the current Compliance and Money Laundering risks in relation to the risk-based approach to effective compliance and Anti-Money Laundering monitoring, and help equip them with the tools to strengthen their Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering defenses.
Through the use of case studies and examples, the workshop examines the core elements of the risk-based approach and explores the money laundering vulnerability of financial products and services. The workshop further provides a background to the Securities Commission of Malaysia’s Guidelines on the Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorism for Capital Market Intermediaries.
References will be made to the Malaysian regulatory context at various junctures for this one-day workshop.
- Define current money laundering, terrorism and proliferation financing guidelines;
- Explain the essential features of international Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism (AML / CTF) legislation and have a comprehensive understanding of local Malaysian rules and regulations;
- Understand the function and components of an annual compliance plan in order to implement the compliance monitoring programme effectively;
- Review the AML / CTF risk assessment and controls methodology; and
- Understand the money laundering vulnerability of financial products and services.
For more information, download the brochure.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS
Please contact Malaysian Investment Banking Association
Level 7, Unit 3, Menara MIDF
No. 82, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel. Nos. 03-2711 3991 / 03-2711 3992 / 03-2711 3996 (ext. no. 112)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org