The Malaysian Investment Banking Association (MIBA) was incorporated on 9 September 1975 to:
- Facilitate a forum for the investment banks to support and contribute actively towards developing and growing a dynamic and competitive capital market;
- Promote close collaboration and exchange of ideas, experiences and knowledge among
Members and with the Government, regulatory authorities and relevant organisations;
- Seek out and keep abreast of developments and trends in domestic and global capital markets, key implications and competitive challenges posed on the Malaysian capital market;
- Enhance and safeguard the business opportunities and interests of investment banks;
- Uphold good ethics, sound business practices and the highest standards of professionalism
within the industry.
MIBA has established sound credibility and is well recognised as a formidable force in the development of a dynamic and vibrant capital market and playing a pivotal role in the following areas:
- Actively makes representations and drives strategic initiatives on all aspects of investment banking and capital market activities
- Keenly sought after for its comments, views and inputs on business and regulatory issues pertaining to the growth of the capital market
- Proactively reviews industry guidelines, laws and practices, and advocates appropriate changes and reforms to support an efficient capital market
- Acting as a catalyst to innovate and promote new capital market products for issuers and investors
- Collaborating with established agencies/partners towards promoting continued learning and training for Members as well as other market intermediaries.